By Mike Kuchar, Senior Research Manager, X&O Labs
“Your research is thorough. It focuses on development of both the technical and schematic side of the game. I’ve read every one of your research reports and enjoy them thoroughly.”
Herb Hand, Offensive Line Coach, Penn State
FACT: Offensive linemen do not care about all the creative formations, motions and plays you use to get the ball into the hands of your best playmakers.
They just want to play with confidence, knowing exactly which step to take and where to take it.
Through the extensive research we conduct at X&O Labs, we’ve come to the conclusion that most coaches have way too many plays with varying blocking schemes in their offenses. They’ll block one play this way and another that way – often causing offensive linemen to hesitate and second guess their steps, resulting in indecision which we all know is the root of poor execution.
This is why we’re proud to release The Concept Blocking System – developed by 25 year coaching veteran and X&O Labs’ researcher Rich Alercio.
The Concept Blocking System is totally unique because it gives you the power to have as many plays as you need while giving your offensive linemen the confidence to quickly and easily know exactly what their blocking responsibility is no matter what the defense does prior to the snap.
Here’s How It Works:
“We’re enjoying what you’ve [X&O Labs] been doing for the coaching community. Keep up the good work.”
Dirk Koetter, Offensive Coordinator, Tampa Bay Bucs
Regardless of the offense, all running plays can be categorized into one of three offensive line schemes: a Zone scheme, a Gap scheme or a Man scheme. The Concept Blocking System
allows you to use either one, two or all three of these schemes with all of your running plays – allowing your offensive linemen to easily adapt their technique to the play.
With The Concept Blocking System, you’ll no longer have a dozen running plays with a dozen different blocking assignments – and your offensive linemen will play with confidence knowing exactly what step to take and exactly where to take it.
We’ve released the entire Concept Blocking System in five special reports and two instructional videos – all available on X&O Labs’ exclusive membership website – the Insiders.
Here’s a list of the special reports:
- Simplifying O-Line Blocking Schemes: Teaching in Concepts
- Concept Blocking Man Schemes
- Concept Blocking Gap Schemes
- Universal Pass Protection Schemes That Sustain Multiple Movements and Pressures
- Concept Blocking Zone Schemes: Inside and Outside Zone
And here’s the two instructional videos included – we’ll show you a 2-minute clip in just a minute:
- Run Blocking Techniques for The Concept Blocking System (52 minutes)
- Pass Blocking Techniques for The Concept Blocking System (46 minutes)
In just a moment you’ll discover how you can access X&O Labs’ exclusive membership website – the Insiders – but first I want to show you exactly what you’ll find in your five special reports and two instructional videos.
Report #1: Let’s take a look at what you’ll find in your first report, Simplifying O-Line Blocking Schemes: Teaching in Concepts:
- The 5 run steps used in The Concept Blocking System – and the most efficient and productive way to teach these to your players in just days
- Using The Concept Blocking System in Man Concepts against both Even and Odd Fronts
- Teaching your linemen about the importance of the second step in the run game – how to get it down quickly
- Using The Concept Blocking System with the Zone Scheme
- The philosophy behind the heel/toe mentality in offensive line play; a concept that is adaptable to any linemen regardless of size
- Using The Concept Blocking System with the Gap Scheme, including the Power and Counter concept
- 17 detail large print diagrams
- BONUS: Run Scheme Installation Chart – lists 14 run plays with exact blocking schemes (an ideal “Cheat Sheet” for your big boys up front)
Report #2: Now let’s look at what you’ll discover in the second report, Concept Blocking Man RUN Schemes:
- Using The Concept Blocking System to block the Isolation play
- Using The Concept Blocking System to block the Lead Draw play
- Using The Concept Blocking System to Block the Counter play
- Complete analysis vs. odd and even fronts
- BONUS: 27 detailed, large print diagrams
Great Special Report!
“As an offensive line coach, I really like The Concept Blocking System. I had to start from scratch at o-line last year and The Concept Blocking System was a great special report and videos to help me accomplish the installation of fundamentals.
- Coach Dan Freveletti
Report #3: Here’s a quick look at what you’ll find in the third report, Concept Blocking Gap Schemes:
- The complete Power Scheme using The Concept Blocking System
- Variations of the Counter Trey using The Concept Blocking System
- Complete position-by-position responsibility chart
- Full analysis vs. odd and even fronts
- Plus, this report covers all the details to get the most out of these two plays – it features in-depth analysis on play side linemen blocking to their back-side gap – how to properly teach the gap double team block, why the open pull is more productive than any skip pull and much more
- BONUS: 18 detailed, large print diagrams
Report #4: Now let’s look at what’s in the fourth report, Universal Pass Protection Schemes That Sustain Multiple Movements and Pressures:
- Details on the 4 steps used in The Concept Blocking System pass protection
- Just use one pass protection scheme that can be manipulated to handle all types of pressures and that’s adaptable for 6, 7, 8 or 9-man protection schemes
- Combining both gap and man pass protection Schemes
- Why the first step in pass protection is the most important and step-by-step instruction on how to teach it
- How to stalemate wide and tight pass rushers
- Complete analysis on man-side and zone-side protection
- 16 detailed, large print diagrams
- BONUS: We addressed the 5 most asked questions when implementing The Concept Blocking System’s pass protections – everything from zone pressures, to first level twists, to a Molly technique and much more
Most Useful Tool!
“The Concept Blocking System was one of my most useful tools in implementing our Zone scheme.”
- Coach Deven Coggins
Report #5: Here’s what you’ll get in the fifth special report: Concept Blocking The Zone Schemes: Inside and Outside Zone:
- How to use one blocking scheme for the front side of both Inside Zone and Outside Zone schemes
- Blocking the Zone Scheme by utilizing 4 different scenarios: covered play side; covered back side; uncovered open gap; and, uncovered closed gap
- Displacing second level players by movement
- The most efficient way to teach the Zone combination block and how it’s completely different than the Gap double team
- Simple verbiage your players can use to communicate their assignments up front
- The only time you should use a “gang” call
- 17 detailed, large print diagrams
- BONUS: We address the 4 most asked questions when implementing The Concept Blocking System’s Inside and Outside Zone schemes – including teaching progression, how to block the back side, how to handle pirates and spikes to the front side, how to block a 5/9 technique to the front side and how to handle a 3/5 technique to the back side (or read side) of the Zone Read and much more
I must say that all that we have listed for you is just a fraction of what you’ll find in your 5 special reports. But we didn’t stop there – we also included…
Two Powerful Offensive Line Videos
X&O Labs’ researcher Rich Alercio takes you on the field with an offensive line unit and brings to life The Concept Blocking System. So, not only will you get full details on of this innovative system, but you’ll also see it in action.
In addition to your five special reports, The Concept Blocking System also includes two powerful videos:
- Run Blocking Techniques for The Concept Blocking System
- Pass Blocking Techniques for The Concept Blocking System
I’ll show you a 2-minute clip of these videos in just a minute, but first I want you to see exactly what you’ll find in these two videos.
Video #1: Let’s start with Run Blocking Techniques for The Concept Blocking System (52 minutes):
- The 5 run steps used in the concept blocking system
- One-on-One run block progressions
- Gap Scheme double team block progressions
- Zone Combination blocks
- Complete analysis of Vertical Drive blocks – Base Step and Reach Step
- Detailed breakdown of Angular blocks – Angle Step, Bucket Step, and Pull Step
- A complete series of offensive line drills
- Plus, detailed coaching points – like how to teach the distance of the first step (it’s not in inches); how to maintain acute power angles during the 2nd step; when to use the skip pull versus the open pull technique; and much more!
Video #2: Now, let’s look at the second video, Pass Blocking Techniques for The Concept Blocking System (46 minutes):
- 7 steps to the perfect pass demeanor progression
- Step-by-step instructions on how to teach the 5 pass blocking steps
- The special Punch Technique used in The Concept Blocking System
- 3 Pass Sets: Man-On Outside; Man-On Inside; and Man-Off Outside
- Picking up the blitz with both the inside and outside covered linemen
- Why you should use caution when implementing Jump Sets
- Handling first level twists
- BONUS: When to do vertical pass sets
Again, this is just a small fraction of the information you’ll pull from these two powerful videos.
It’s important to know that these videos where shot with two 35mm video cameras – giving you HD quality video in both front and side angles.
Here’s a 3-minute clip to show you (click on the video below to start watching)…
Get Instant Access to The Concept Blocking System
With a 12-Month Membership to X&O Labs’
We’ve released the entire Concept Blocking System on our exclusive membership website – Insiders. You can join the Insiders right now and get instant access to this study.
And when you join today, in addition to the Concept Blocking System, you’ll also get instant access to these other great features only available in the Insiders:
- Special Reports: In-depth special reports, like our Zone Read Concept Study, the 4-2-5 Defense Study, our Concept Blocking System and our Defensive Line Study. Plus, our special reports on the no-huddle system, quarters coverage, 3rd down conversions and many more…
- Massive Video Library: Our video library featuring hours and hours video featuring drills from just about every position…
- Exclusive Interviews: In-depth, one-on-one, exclusive interviews with some of the top coaches in the game. Coaches like Mike Leach, Head Coach at Washington State; Dirk Koetter, Offensive Coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons; and, Bobby April, Special Teams Coordinator of the Philadephia Eagles. Plus, more college coaches like Ron Zook, Bud Foster, Tim Brewster, and much more…
- Research: Exclusive statistical analysis reports featuring all the raw data from every research study we’ve ever conducted. This includes literally hundreds of research graphs…
- 100% of Everything: Plus, the Insiders includes all our full-length, not the summary versions, of research reports, clinic reports, interviews and videos…
See, that is why we believe the Insiders membership website is the most effective resource for maximizing your coaching production.
And we’re not the only ones that believe this either.
Who’s Already Joined X&O Labs’ Insiders?
Thousands of high school, college and professional football coaches have already joined our exclusive membership website – Insiders…
Making the Insiders website one of the most trusted resources for football coaches.
Coaches on these staffs have already joined our Insiders website with a 12-month membership:
>>> Notre Dame
>>> Oklahoma State
>>> Texas State
>>> New York Jets
And the list goes on with coaches on the staffs of Purdue, Cincinnati and coaches in all 50 U.S. states and as far away as the Slovak Republic and Pago Pago.
Here’s what some of our members have said about the Insiders website:
>>> “The Insiders is a GREAT, GREAT website with a lot of amazing coaching information.”
- Coach Battaglia
>>> “I’ve been working my way through the Insiders website and it is phenomenal. Thank you so much!”
- Coach Lappe
>>> “I am a member of your [X&O Labs] Insiders website and it is second to none! I am a better coach with every visit to your site. Keep up the good work.”
- Coach Ed Rankin, OL & DL Coach, Beaver Local H.S. (OH)
Before you sign up for your 12-month membership to X&O Labs’ exclusive membership website – Insiders, I need to tell you two important things you need to know about.
One Low, Affordable Price
First, because we’re coaches, we wanted to make the Insiders one of the most affordable coaching resources you’ll find anywhere. So, right now you can start your 12-month membership for just $39.95. That’s less than just one instructional coaching DVD – and I can guarantee that the Insiders website is filled with information that equates to dozens and dozens and dozens of instructional coaching DVDs. And today, you get instant access to all this information for only $39.95.
And you can rest assured that 100% of your membership fee goes to support our research.
Now if you’re already a member of X&O Labs’ Insiders website, just click here to login and start reading The Concept Blocking System.
Our 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Now the second thing I wanted to share with you is that we offer a full, 90-day money back guarantee. If at any time during your first 90-days you feel the Insiders is NOT worth the $39.95 you’ve spent, just email us and we’ll refund 100% of your money.
Click the button now to get instant access to our Insiders website and all of our special reports, research reports, interviews, clinic reports, drill reports and our massive video library for just $39.95. And with our 90-day money-back guarantee, you literally have nothing to lose.
So, go ahead and click the button below this video now and get instant access to Concept Blocking System when you join the X&O Labs’ Insiders!