By Mike Kuchar, Senior Research Manager, X&O Labs
Pat Narduzzi, the defensive coordinator at Michigan State, contributed heavily to X&O Labs’ Quarters Coverage Study.
Pat Narduzzi, the defensive coordinator at Michigan State University, calls Cover Four “the mother of all coverages,” and he has the numbers to back it up.
Narduzzi’s Spartans are ranked #2 in total defense and used Quarters Coverage at least 65 percent of all defensive snaps in 2012 – and we have video to prove it.
Narduzzi contributed all of his 294 Cover four snaps from 2012 to this special report in order to prove his bold assertation, and he wasn’t the only one that did.
We reached out to over 500 coaches that exclusively use Cover Four and interviewed the likes of Chris Ash, the defensive coordinator at The University of Arkansas; Shap Boyd, the defensive coordinator at Muskingum University (and author of several Quarters coverage resources); Nick Rapone, the secondary coach with the Arizona Cardinals; and many others who contributed both their knowledge and game film on the topic.
Just some of the components of this monumental report, which includes over 26,000 words, 150 diagrams and 29 video clips are below:
Case 1: Quarters Coverage Concepts and Technique of the Secondary Players:
You’ll learn about technique and fundamentals of Corners and Safeties in Quarters Coverage, which includes:
Case 2: Alignments and Adjustments vs. Closed Sets vs. Run and Pass:
You’ll learn about how Quarters coverage can be used to defend Pro style structures, including the following:
Case 3: Alignments and Adjustments vs. Open Sets:
You’ll learn about how Quarters coverage can be used to defend Spread style structures, including the following formations:
- The most productive depth and width of your Safeties need to play in order to defend 2×2 open formations.
- How coverage adjustments like “Palms” coverage adjustment can alleviate stress in the vertical passing game.
- The Lock coverage concept used by Arizona Cardinals secondary coach Nick Rapone that easily adjusts to 2×2 and 3×1 formations.
- What Darian Dulin, the defensive coordinator at Abilene Christian is doing to take the pressure off his Safeties in defending four vertical concepts.
- 3×1 open formation adjustments including Shap Boyd’s “Gilligan” concept, Chris Ash’s “Danger” concept and Nick Rapone’s “Clap” concept.
- 3×1 Bunch formation coverage adjustments, including the “Box” concept provided by Mark D’Onofrio, the defensive coordinator at the University of Miami.
- 3×2 Empty formation adjustments including the “Trio” concept used by Joey Wiles, the head coach at St. Augustine High School (FL).
- What you need to know to trigger your outside linebackers to be more active in the run game against 2×2 open formations.
- Plus how Quarters coverage coaches train the “eyes and feet” of apexed outside linebackers to be both fitters in the run game and zone defenders in the pass game.
- How Joey Wiles at St. Augustine High School (FL) ends up with a seven man box post-snap in his 4-3 scheme, despite the offensive formation.
- Plus video of the above coverage adjustments and much, much more…
Case 4: Defending the Problem Areas in Quarters Coverage:
You’ll learn about how various coaches defend what we found were the 5 most problematic routes against Quarters Coverage including:
- Why the Sam linebacker has the most important responsibility against double post routes – and what coaches now are telling him to do when he sees it.
- How to leverage your outside linebacker to play both the out and flat component of the Flood concept.
- Why Chris Ash at the University of Arkansas uses split indicators to determine how to play the Scissors (or Post/Wheel) concept – and why Nick Rapone thinks there is a better idea.
- How the Core Drill used by Joey Wiles can effectively negate any interior rubs by receivers in shallow cross concepts.
- Why Shap Boyd is fixated on having his players read the elbow of the QB in determining how to play Mesh or crossing routes.
- How you can eliminate your weak side linebacker from worrying about playing Naked Boot responsibilities.
- Plus video of these concepts and much, much more…
Special Bonus: You’ll also gain access into the entire installation power points of Quarters coverage provided by the following coaches:
- Pat Narduzzi, defensive coordinator, Michigan State University
- Chris Ash, defensive coordinator, The University of Arkansas
- Joey Wiles, head coach, St. Augustine High School (FL)
- Jim Semones, defensive coordinator, Lakota East High School (OH)
- Matt Puffenberger, defensive coordinator, Berkely Springs High School (WV)
- Mike Kuchar, Senior Research Manager, X&O Labs
So, I want to take this time to invite you to get instant access to this entire special report because its full of all the information, drills, game film and strategies you need to significantly improve your defense.
Get Instant Access to The Quarters Coverage Study!
We’ve released the entire Quarters Coverage Study on our exclusive membership website – Insiders. You can join the Insiders right now and get instant access to this study. And when you join today, in addition to the Quarters Coverage Study, you’ll also get instant access to these other great features only available in the Insiders:
“I love XandOLabs.com. I really mean it when I say you’re the best resource out there!”
Assistant Football Coach
Special Reports: In-depth special reports, like our Zone Read Concept Study, the 4-2-5 Defense Study, our Concept Blocking System, 3rd Down Conversions and our Defensive Line Study. Plus, our upcoming special reports on the no-huddle system and many more…
- Massive Video Library: Our video library featuring hours and hours of video featuring drills of just about every position…
- Exclusive Interviews: In-depth, one-on-one, exclusive interviews with some of the top coaches in the game. Coaches like Mike Leach, Head Coach at Washington State; Dirk Koetter, Offensive Coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons; and, Bobby April, Special Teams Coordinator of the Philadephia Eagles. Plus, more college coaches like Ron Zook, Bud Foster, Tim Brewster, and much more…
- Research: Exclusive statistical analysis reports featuring all the raw data from every research study we’ve ever conducted. This includes literally hundreds of research graphs…
- 100% of Everything: Plus, the Insiders includes all our full-length, not the summary versions, of research reports, clinic reports, interviews and videos…
See, that is why we believe the Insiders membership website is the most effective resource for maximizing your coaching production. And we’re not the only ones that believe this either.
Who Has Already Joined X&O Labs’ Insiders?
Thousands of high school, college and professional football coaches have already joined our exclusive membership website – Insiders… Making the Insiders website one of the most trusted resources for football coaches. Coaches on the following staffs have joined our Insiders website with a 12-month membership:
>>> Notre Dame
>>> Oklahoma State
>>> Texas State
>>> New York Jets
>>> Seattle Seahawks
And the list goes on with coaches on the staffs of Purdue, Cincinnati and coaches in all 50 U.S. states and as far away as the Slovak Republic.
Here’s what some of our members have said about the Insiders website:
>>> “Our staff used to subscribe to the Glazier website, but this off season we have made the switch to X&O Labs’ Insiders website and we couldn’t be happier.”
- Brent Morrison, Offensive Coordinator, Westerville Central High School (OH)
>>> “I love X&O Labs’ Insiders website. I just spent the last five days doing nothing but research from your site. I print the reports and place them in notebooks. I read and reread them and write study notes. Then I will start adjusting what I have learned to add to our system for spring ball. Thanks for all you guys do to make football better.”
- Dr. Dean Boyd, Athletic Director/Head Football Coach, Marlboro County High School
>>> “The Insiders is a GREAT, GREAT website with a lot of amazing coaching information.”
- Coach Battaglia
>>> “I’ve been working my way through the Insiders website and it is phenomenal. Thank you so much!”
- Coach Lappe
In just a second I’ll show you how you can sign up and start your 12-month membership to the Insiders website. But first, I need to tell you two important things you need to know about the Insiders.
One Low, Affordable Price
First, because we’re coaches, we wanted to make the Insiders one of the most affordable coaching resources you’ll find anywhere. So, right now you can start your 12-month membership for just $39.95. That’s less than just one instructional coaching DVD – and I can guarantee that the Insiders website is filled with information that equates to dozens and dozens and dozens of instructional coaching DVDs. And today, you get instant access to all this information for only $39.95. And you can rest assured that 100% of your membership fee goes to support our research. Now if you’re already a member of X&O Labs’ Insiders website, just click here to login and start reading The Quarters Coverage Study.
Our 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Now the second thing I wanted to share with you is that we offer a full, 90-day money back guarantee. If at any time during your first 90-days you feel the Insiders is NOT worth the $39.95 you’ve spent, just email us and we’ll refund 100% of your money.
Click the button now to get instant access to our Insiders website and all of our special reports, research reports, interviews, clinic reports, drill reports and our massive video library for just $39.95. And with our 90-day money-back guarantee, you literally have nothing to lose. So, go ahead and click the button below right now and get instant access to The Quarters Coverage Study when you join the X&O Labs’ Insiders!